Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: What sort of training does a Naturopathic Doctor recieve?

A: Naturopathic doctors who graduate from a accredited 4 years institution, such as Bastyr Universtiy, recieve an in-depth medical education very comparable to conventional medical school. This includes basic science classes such as medical biochemistry, anatomy, and physiology. Clinical classes such as cardiology, gynecology, and urology are taken in the second two years. Naturopathic doctors also complete two years of clinical internship at the University's medical clinic or other medical facilities. Many graduates go on to complete additional years at residency programs.

Q: What sort of training does an acupuncturist recieve?
A: Acupuncturists licensed in California are required to complete a master's degree level 3 year program in acupuncture and oriental medicine. This includes classes in clinical sciences as well as acupuncture, oriental medicine. California requires additional training in Chinese herbal medicine.

Q: Do you take insurance?
A: At this time many insurance plans only cover acupuncture services at the Optimal Health Center. For Naturopathic medical services, we do not currently bill insurance. Your insurance plan may cover a part or all of your office visit. We will give you an invoice as well as a superbill which you can send to your insurance company for reimbursement. You will need to contact your insurance company to determine coverage.

Q: What insurance companies do you accept?
A: We accept for assignment for acupuncture treatment the following insurance:
      Blue Cross
      Blue Shield
      Great West
      Health Net
      St. Joseph Health
      United Health Care
      Western Growers